His Last Bow (Sherlock Holmes #8)


His Last Bow (Sherlock Holmes #8) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Blurb:

Sherlock Holmes's fearless chronicler Dr. Watson once again opens his notebooks to bring to light eight further tales of some of the strangest and most fascinating cases to come before the enquiring mind of London's most famous detective.

Review:

Our official detectives may blunder in the matter of intelligence, but never in that of courage.

I might be seriously burning through my Sherlock-Holmes-interest. I just can't seem to hold that much interest for his stories anymore, even if there are a couple of great character-moments. I thought I could counteract this effect by reading more books in-between the Sherlock Holmes instalments but it hasn't worked so far. Honestly, after reading so much Doyle recently there just isn't that much left to say for me I haven't already mentioned.

"I should prefer that you do not mention my name at all in connection with the case, as I choose to be only associated with those crimes which present some difficulty in their solution. Come on, Watson."

Rating:

Well, I guess I'll give it 3/5 stars? It really isn't bad but it also isn't all that interesting anymore. Plus, I was pretty tired when reading some of these stories so I had to fight sleep and couldn't concentrate that well on the stories.

Details:

Name: His Last Bow
Deutscher Titel: Seine Abschiedsvorstellung
Series: Sherlock Holmes
Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Publisher: Penguin
Pages: 256

Comments

Beliebte Posts.

Her Royal Highness (Royals #2)

The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You #1)

A June Throwback